BR Funding Phases
The Benefits Realisation activities sought to maximise the benefits of the projects from the Institutional Innovation programme to the wider sector by engaging existing and self-sustained stakeholder communities with emerging institutional issues, to share solutions to common issues across the sector.
The Benefits Realisation activities focussed on the validation and transfer to non-native institutional contexts, and building upon outputs developed by innovation projects in order to embed them in their intended (and other) communities, thereby helping to ensure that they are useful, usable and used by users.
Projects within the JISC Institutional Innovation programme were invited to submit expression of interest to:
- Undertake Synthesis and Packaging of existing outputs. The main purpose of this
activity was to collate the knowledge and experience (the ‘learning’) as well as the outputs
from a project (or projects) and to develop some more generalised outputs that can be used
for further benefits realisation i.e. feed into other communities of interest or capacity building/
- Build capacity across networks of institutions. The main aims was to raise awareness
and share knowledge of at practitioner, technical support and managerial levels so that
more people and new institutions are able to undertake similar endeavours learning
from the experiences of exemplar project teams and originating institutions. This can be
achieved through collaborative workshops and activities that will increase skills/knowledge of
participants across the wider sector.
- Support increased take-up of project outcomes. The main aim was to get more
institutions successfully using the outputs from institutional exemplar projects. This also
provided an opportunity to test the outputs in a different context and make them more
transferable to other institutions.
A description of the projects funded under each phase is available on the website
- Phase 1a – 3 projects funded see http://br.inin.jisc-ssbr.net/phase-1a/
- Phase 1b – 10 projects funded see http://br.inin.jisc-ssbr.net/phase-1b/
- Phase 1c – 5 projects funded see http://br.inin.jisc-ssbr.net/phase-1c/
- Phase 1d – 6 projects funded see http://br.inin.jisc-ssbr.net/phase-1d/
Seven BR Validation Assemblies ran from April to July 2011. The purpose of the events was to
validate the outcomes of the BR projects with a wider community of stakeholders in the sector.
Further details are available from http://br.inin.jisc-ssbr.net/2011/03/06/validation-assemblies/